Re: Amazon's Cluelessness

Author:Mark Nottingham
Posted:9/4/2000; 12:09:49 PM
Topic:Amazon's Cluelessness

This is in effect what the Germans are doing; they're openly stating in their press releases that they consider privacy to be a competitive factor.

I'm just getting familiar with this aspect of the privacy community, but it appears that there's also healthy competition throughout Europe, with significant interest from other countries. Sadly, the involvement in the States is still very embryonic, but hopefully we'll see something eventually. It needs a lead from the government, in the form of legislation that makes privacy really matter, before industry can compete.