Re: Amazon's Cluelessness

Author:Phil Wolff
Posted:9/4/2000; 11:57:42 AM
Topic:Amazon's Cluelessness

For most of the 1900s Switzerland had a reputation as unassailable in its protection of financial data. A "Swiss bank account" was a passport to security and privacy of your financial assets. Which leads to the first question...

Where in the world would I locate if I wanted to set up a business that managed personal information? What country would provide the most powerful and secure means for defending a person's privacy, even to extremes?

Which leads to the second question...

What can I do to have legislatures compete for a reputation as the "Switzerland of Personal Privacy", leapfrogging each other to create privacy laws and agencies as happened in Europe?

I almost want a data haven.

- phil [http://dijest.editthispage.com/]