Re: Want to tell the list?

Author:Aaron Swartz

I'm reading through the other messages now (and responding).

Dave isn't taking anything.

I see that now, I didn't see that before. I was wrong. Sorry.

The world doesn't revolve around Rael and Guha and Dan and Jonathan. Just because they work up one morning and said "This is what RSS will be from now on!" doesn't make it so.

There are 93 members on the RSS-DEV list. So far, you are the only one who has expressed a problem with the work that they're doing. That's the only reason why I mention you, you're the only one (that I have seen) who has complained.

Go have a look for yourself at how rich and diverse the RSS world is. Now figure out how to move that forward. That's the hard job.

That's what we're trying to do Dave. You can only do it by digging and working -- it won't happen by sitting around and arguing. If changing the name is what it will take to get us to keep working, then that's what I'm willing to do.