Re: Want to tell the list?

Author:Dave Winer

Again, you're still not listening. Getting closer, but still not there. I have not expressed any problem with the work that they're doing, I object to their using the name RSS 1.0 for that work. I think you can keep working with the RSS 1.0 name, but you can't make it stick without getting a lot of the content to come along with you. Daryl explains why that's going to be tough. I have no idea who he's talking to, I can't get in the way of that, but there you have another data point of someone who thinks simplicity is one of the nice things, if not the major nice thing about RSS.

None of the people on that list know that it will work. I don't know that it won't. All those stories and radio shows were way way premature. Declaring victory is easy. Getting adoption is totally hard. Again you're making me the issue and/or scapegoat for problems with the path they've chosen. Stop doing that. I have said I wish them good luck, and I meant it.