Re: Want to tell the list?

Author:Aaron Swartz

OK, I understand now. Thanks for explaining. (Sorry, I'm a little slow. These discussions help me understand things better.)

In that case, we should do choose whatever is the best overall solution. From my POV, the best solution is to change the name, because the current name makes you unhappy. There's no need for that, and changing the name doesn't hurt all that much.

From O'Reilly's POV, I think it's different. They want to keep the name -- they have a bunch invested in it.

I think you can keep working with the RSS 1.0 name, but you can't make it stick without getting a lot of the content to come along with you.

I don't follow. Can we keep the name and see if people adopt it (which is likely independent of the name), or do you insist that we change it? (Sorry, I'm slow.)