One Big Computer

Author:Philip Hume
Posted:9/5/2000; 9:32:08 PM
Topic:One Big Computer

Dave writes: "As time goes forward, it will become apparent that there is one virtual computer on the planet, and we're all users of it," says Winer. That, btw, is my version of the Dot-Net initiative. Microsoft couldn't say it that concisely because it would freak everyone out. But I can!"

This has been consistently pointed out for over a decade by Sun:

"The Network is the Computer"

People have seemed more quizzical than freaked out.