Re: Who needs to televise the revolution?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/7/2000; 6:48:05 AM
Topic:Who needs to televise the revolution?

David, you didn't have to mention PHP to be on-topic.

As you may know, I was one of the independent journalists invited to WEF's Davos conference last year. I watched the protests from the other side of the barricade. I never found out what the protesters were protesting. There was no organized web presence for the protests that I could find.

Am I correct in reading this site that these people have asked to cover the WEF gathering in Australia and were denied access? If so, Scripting News is a good way to raise the issue, if we can do it concisely. A number of people at WEF are regulars here.

The key thing is that the journalists are not intending to disrupt the meeting, imho. Let me be clear about that. Disruptive journalism is cool, disruptive behavior that stops other people from speaking is not cool. Is that what this is about?