Taking myself less seriously

Author:David Brown
Posted:9/11/2000; 2:40:14 PM
Topic:fork

David, the next step down that path is to realize that the need for recognition from others is all projection, that the only kind of recognition that really is satisfying is recognition from yourself.

The problem is that I'm a hardass on myself. But that's probably true of everyone.

I think I'm getting better though. I'm much more interested in cool tasks than recognized achievement these days.

Bark bark, fart fart. And then we all die.

I guess all that really matters is that we love. (I just saw a good documentary about death on the local PBS station. What really matters after that?)