Re: It's OPML

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/16/2000; 5:03:06 AM
Topic:Outline XML files need a name

Jacob, this is quite a challenge to get into your head and imagine what you are seeing, because it is very different from what I see. I'll answer your questions, but I'm equally confused, I thought the spec was pretty clear.

1. Radio UserLand is a client.

2. OPML is a tiny subset of XML. The body cannot contain anything. It can contain s and that's all.

3. expansionState, etc are not viewer-specific. These are outlines, knowing how they are expanded for viewing is something many viewers will need to know.

4. Yes, isBreakPoint is intended to be respected by a scripting language. We needed it for UserTalk scripts, but of course it could be used by Python or tcl as well.