Re: DG Needs Critical Mass (was: Speaking Up About The DG)

Author:Erik L. Neu
Posted:9/29/2000; 6:53:11 AM
Topic:Speaking Up About The DG

I have enjoyed itermittently reading and posting on this DG. It is true that the internet/web in general, and EditTHisPage.com in particular have let a "thousand flowers bloom" in terms of weblogs and discussion groups. However, I think there is a critical mass problem. If the SN DG were closed, I doubt the conversations it held would migrate elsewhere. I think the community would just wither. How many ETP weblogs have active DGs?

It reminds me of the rapid decline in CompuServe forums that occurred when MicroSoft pulled official support for theirs and moved them over to their website. IMHO, there has been nothing as fertile since then.

Thanks, Dave Winer, for creating and hosting this community for as long as you have.

Regards, Erik Neu