scriptingNews outline for 12/8/2000

Author:Dave Winer

NY Times: Florida Supreme Court Reverses Circuit Court and Orders Hand Recounts. "The justices ordered that some 9,000 ballots from Miami-Dade County that machine counters rejected on Election Day be sent back to state court for counting. Unrecorded votes should also be counted in any other county 'where such a recount has not occurred,' the court continued. That goes beyond what Mr. Gore had asked for, and considerably widens the scope of manual counting."

Survey: Who should concede?

Today's session on SOAP and XML-RPC was great! Fantastic discussion, people are really implementing this stuff and liking it. We figured out that SOAP is viral. Once you implement it you want everyone you work with to. I've noticed that myself.

As I put the Pointers slide together, I re-read the essay I wrote for the XTech keynote in March. It's still what we're doing, even though the shipment of Radio slipped by a few months.

Would you redesign Jakob Nielsen's website?

Forbes: My.MP3.Com Doesn't Rock. "After nearly a year of copyright litigation and more than $200 million in settlement costs, MP3.com has relaunched its My.MP3.com jukebox service. But now one wonders what all the fuss was about."

Thomas Gunderson: "Does anyone know of a XML-RPC implementation for C++ ?"

What is Quiver?

Edd Dumbill: Berners-Lee and the Semantic Web Vision.

Tim O'Reilly surveys points of view of P2P.

Wes Felter asks if you want to create a standard? You can join the fun by creating your own standard website.

ZDNet reports that Apple's ship date for Mac OS X has been pushed back to Feb 24, 2001.

It was twenty years ago today, Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play. They've been going in and out of style but they're guaranteed to raise a smile. So may I introduce to you the act you've known for all these years..

The Curmudgeon has a tribute to John Lennon. I imagine he'll have something to say about the new recount in Florida.