scriptingNews outline for 1/28/2001

Author:Dave Winer

Had a great time getting Scobleized at Woz's for the Superbowl. Robert's 7-year-old boy Patrick came too. Paul Andrews and his weird but lovable poodle-like dog Maggie. Woz has a full video arcade in his basement and an indoor-outdoor swimming pool. Andy Hertzfeld of Eazel says they're going to use "XML-RPC". I shook his hand saying, "Looks like we're working together." I also saw one of the new Titanium PowerBooks. It's a beautiful computer for sure. Nice!

Eric Soroos is working on the connection betw email and RSS. This is quite interesting. He's providing an RSS view of the traffic on the Manila-Newbies mail list. Obviously he's going to make this work for any mail list.

Follow-up on my neighborly exploration in orgcharts from a database. I'd love to see a Flash rendering of "OPML" documents. This would give us more than MORE had in tree charts, only 14 years ago. It's amazing how prior art gets lost in history, and how lost we got when the dotcom boom hit. We should have retooled the whole productivity app business. But it's not too late now. Flash is a sexy rendering-runtime environment. Hey PDF is pretty popular too. What about SVG?

My uncle has a new business card. Coool!