National ISPs

Author:Philip Suh
Posted:12/18/1998; 2:30:58 PM
Topic:National ISPs

I've got a question about ISP's for the general scriptingnews community.

I've been corresponding with someone about finding a good national ISP provider. He's looking for a national provider because his current regional ISP has poor service and when he travels he wants to be able to dial in. Also, he'll be coming to Macworld Expo, and wants to be able to dialup when he gets into town.

I've been using Earthlink. Since moving to San Francisco, the POP connection occasionally drops, not often enough to be a huge problem, but still annoying. However, Earthlink's billing and national presence is pretty good. Support is all automated 800 numbers, I've never reached a live person at Earthlink.

Anyway, what are your experiences in finding an ISP that has a U.S.-wide POP dialup? Service, connections, billing and support? Please let us know.

Thanks!