Re: I ask for your help

Author:Phil Wolff
Posted:12/20/1998; 11:43:32 AM
Topic:Cardboard Cutout People

Some of the best 1-minute talks on the House floor were calls for a restoration of civility.

One of the things I like about this place (Discuss) is that heat and passion are tollerated in a collegial atmosphere. Dave, one of the reasons I first started tuning in to your posts was the sense that you had an open, inquiring mind and that you occasionally surprised me with topics and views I wouldn't ordinarily consider.

What makes Discuss "sticky" for me (getting me to return, participate, spend time, and make it part of my daily rounds) is the tone. You're doing a fine job of setting the tone for Discuss as a place where fellows of good will and a technical bent can discourse with minimum noise, focus on the ideas vs. their expression, and reveal a bit of their personality through contribution.