Re: Brent's Screenshot-Scripting Windows

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/21/1998; 11:50:50 AM
Topic:Brent's Screenshot-Scripting Windows

>>How would the Script Control running in Frontier allow you to emulate and/or run ASP pages in the Frontier web server environment? Oh baby would I love that!

I was hoping I'd hear from you on that! I was taking a stab in the dark, figuring that ASC was the same mechanism that IIS used to implement ASPs. I could be full of it, it wouldn't be the first time.

Re your other comments, the times are very different. We shipped Frontier a couple of years before Apple shipped AppleScript. In the Windows market there are lots of people who know VB Script and JavaScript, Perl, Tcl, etc.

Dave