Re: XML-RPC community, Dreamweaver (was: Re: What about Apache?)

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:1/20/1999; 11:41:45 AM
Topic:Frontier on MacOS X Server

Are there security implications in all this? I was thinking about doing things on a client using Javascript to talk to Josh Lucas' XML/RPC Java client, and having the browser as the interface, but he pointed out that Java applets will only talk to the server they came from. Is this also true of Shockwave?

For my purposes, I can just do a CGI, but in James' scenario, if this network connectivity can happen without a user's knowledge (can it?), will they mind?

David