Re: Why Redirect is a bad idea

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/5/1999; 1:01:50 PM
Topic:Why Redirect is a bad idea

Has our redirect server been crapping out on you?

I didn't use the redirects when we were having connectivity problems.

I don't want to degrade service, but I learn a lot from those redirects, it helps me know who's reading my site and what they're interested in.

It's one of the most useful tools I have, so unless there are big problems, I'm going to keep using it.