Re: Apple as cultural leader of the Internet

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/9/2000; 9:30:49 AM
Topic:Now it makes more sense

Note that there is already the MSIE HTML renderer in Mac OS 9. It is there as a shared library to display the help pages. Since I am not up to speed with Windows, could you tell me the difference in the approach?

Undocumented APIs. If we were to somehow reverse-engineer the method needed to invoke their HTML renderer, we would have no cause to comlain if it broke in the future.

BTW, to reach Microsoft, you can post messages here on this DG. They've been very responsive to issues we raise here.