Re: Apple as cultural leader of the Internet

Author:Oliver Breidenbach
Posted:1/9/2000; 8:50:26 AM
Topic:Now it makes more sense

And Oliver and others, please listen very carefully. Manila is not going to be Windows-only. But there will be features that people will love that *will* be Windows-only, if and only if, Apple fails to act. There is still time. But we won't wait for Apple. I want that to be very very clear.

I think now I get it and I am with you. I just *hope* that we do not depend on Apple to provide what´s needed and I count on Manila to be "backwards compatible" should this really come to pass.

Note that there is already the MSIE HTML renderer in Mac OS 9. It is there as a shared library to display the help pages. Since I am not up to speed with Windows, could you tell me the difference in the approach?

Cheers,

Oliver.