Re: Fighting Back for the Mac™

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/9/2000; 9:42:26 AM
Topic:Now it makes more sense

We are going to bring HTML rendering into the app like the emailers do. We're going to use the wizzy HTML editor to get HTML tags out of the way of people who just want to write and are intimidated by HTML.

We have HTML rendering built into our software. Now we're going to bring it even closer into the web writing experience. We view the web like previous generations of software viewed printing.

Since MSIE is the only browser that offers this capability, and it's also the most widely used browser, it's a no-brainer first step. But I hope it's just a first step, we want Microsoft to have competition, so when Mozilla/Netscape are ready and when we have the development resources, we want to offer a choice of renderers.