Re: Fighting Back for the Mac™

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:1/9/2000; 12:18:14 PM
Topic:Now it makes more sense

* You can use any number of HTML-capable platform independent GUI toolkits such as Tk, WXWindows, Qt, ...

Please, no. There's a huge difference between the basic HTML that those libraries can render and the real HTML that I want to work with. If a Web authoring tool has a preview feature, I want a preview of my page to look pixel-identical to how it would look in one of the big two browsers. That basically means that it has to use the rendering engine from one of the big two browsers.