Re: Firewalls, Hooray

Author:Dave Winer

Now that I've addressed the issue of flamefests and our human firewall that prevents them, let me explain the other part.

Firewalls are Dilbert's answer to the Pointy-Haired Boss when asked if they're doing anything about security. "Oh we have a firewall!" says the PHB. "That means we're safe."

The PHB has no clue what a firewall is, or what safety really means. That's why a meltdown is a sure thing. People will have their asses covered. But the meltdown will happen anyway.