Freeserve & Net access costs

Author:Andrew Herron
Posted:5/26/2000; 10:28:00 AM
Topic:Freeserve & Net access costs

Hi Dave,

I just saw your piece from London where you mention using Freeserve and the high cost of telephone calls here in Europe. Recently here in the UK at least there have been a large number of companies announcing the availability of unmetered ISP access (ie flat charged calls to ISP's) and Freeserve is one such company. I use Freeserve Unlimited, as their package is called, which gives me 24/7 unmetered dial-up/ISDN Internet access and includes £10 worth of national/international voice calls for about £10 UK pounds per month (around $15). By the way I have not experienced your outgoing email problem with Freeserve.

What you suffered in Amsterdam I would guess are typical ripoff Hotel phone call charges!

Hope you enjoy London...even with all its rain!

Rgds

Andrew Herron