A Whole Lots of stuff needs CMS besides search engines

Author:Fred Grott
Posted:5/30/2000; 5:11:07 AM
Topic:A Whole Lots of stuff needs CMS besides search engines

A lot more sites need CMS besides search engines, for example auction b2b sites and ecommerce. Maybe its that I have been reading www.ecommerce.com's new print publication over the past 2 weeks. But why not take the Frontier/Manila framework and develope ecommerce websites that respond to context not only in serach but other things like a user channel highlighting the items you would lik eto find on the website and buy if its an acution website and etc.

I n fact I am working on convincing a future customer of this fact..if I succeed I will be opening up the development process to all Frontier developers so that they can get a snapshot of how it was done..of course this increases competition but it also increases the market awareness of Frontier/Manila and thus would not affect my owm finances.

But to do this two problems have to be solved how to create a distubted discussGroup amoun different but related roots..this would automaticaly handle the loads between different portions of the ecommerce site so that admin did not have to! The second problem is not so tough..use the framework to complete channels for ever user every hour that wqalks the different roots for the site and lists all the items the user might be interested in to buy..and have it send eamil if the new page is different from the old one in number of items...

For example I work as a web editor as a Community Leader for Cybersites.com at their website www.thecomputervine.com basically it sucks at CMS..and I still can't talk CyberSites into letting me do the website using Frontier/Manila although because of cost savings in programming staff they woiuld make more of a profit. So, the idea is not go after established..but to go after the start-ups that have the money and want to look at a low cost more efficient and useful way to implement CMS sites like search engines, auctions, communities, and e-commerce sites.

I do not know if I will succeed but I do know that re-inventing the framework is not a good idea..

Its nice now that we can tie in Dreamweaver to Frontier soon..:)