Re: Evangelizing Frontier

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/12/2000; 5:12:29 PM
Topic:Evangelizing Frontier

Russ, I had a meeting this afternoon with reps of one of the largest PR firms in the valley today, about all this stuff. They gave me a lot of ideas, and we're going to have some more meetings.

About story-telling, I want to be very careful there. DaveNet cannot be a commercial platform for Frontier. I feel I can write about Frontier there as part of my experience, but I can't make offers there like "Come try Frontier for a 60-day trial."

However, the margins of www.scripting.com are a whole other story. I want to do a bold graphic that says $899 and I bet people will click on it. From there I want to tell them what they get for the $899. In bullet-points with links. That could be the Yahoo you talk about. It'll be our part of the World Outline project (more on that later).

We have a new buzzword at UserLand, "Shake the Tree". It's time to start doing that. 6.2 is in place. It's easy to set up your own EditThisPage.Com. It's time to start singing the tune loud and clear, and hopefully in harmony.