Amazon and The Plant -- I take it back

Author:Dennis Peterson
Posted:7/28/2000; 1:24:59 PM
Topic:Amazon and The Plant -- I take it back

The other day I said it was easier to just type a credit card number into Amazon's server than to sign up for a service like PayPal. I take it back.

It turns out you have to set up an Amazon account. If you have an existing account, you need your password. I have an account, but didn't remember my password because I've been boycotting them. So I clicked "new account," but they wouldn't do it since my email address matched the old account. Hmm, I can give them another email address..forget it. So I clicked "Forgot my password." I give them all the info they ask for, they can't match my account. Finally, I gave up, clicked "pay by mail." They still wanted an email address for some reason, so I made one up.

In spite of all this, King says on his site that response is well over 75%, and he's quite pleasantly surprised with how well it's going. Bodes well for future voluntary payments and Street Performer.