Re: RIAA vs AOL?

Author:Keola Donaghy
Posted:8/9/2000; 11:22:19 AM
Topic:RIAA vs AOL?

My point: AOL, through its ownership of WB, owns at least some of the music they post there, so its OK for them to do what Napster is doing.

A big part of the RIAA's misinformation campaign is based on the fact that "artists are getting ripped off." Are they compensating artists for files that are being downloaded via WinAmp? Are they paying ASCAP and BMI royalites on each download so that songwriters get their cut? What about music from other lablels?

The Winamp not only relevant to the Napster lawsuit, it is the ultimate hypocracy. I'm waiting to see how RIAA is going to spin this.

Keola