Manila Gems URL Problems

Author:David Detlefsen
Posted:8/10/2000; 9:06:52 AM
Topic:Manila Gems URL Problems

My apologies in advance for double posting (here and the Frontier-Users list) but I need to fix this.

I've got the same problem that was described and solved at http://weblogs.userland.com/manilaNewbies/discuss/msgReader$3699. But before I go thrashing about the siteTree I want to make sure this is the thing to do.

I've recently created a series of manila sites with shared membership and would like to enable gems for all sites. The gems get posted properly (in a www:gems:sitename) so the config seems okay for the gem upload but the url (http://hostname/gems/sitename/a_gem) doesn't work:

Sorry! There was an error: Can't process the request because there is no object named "dodge".

The error was detected by Frontier 6.2.1 in mainResponder.respond. Webmaster: david.detlefsen@bms.com. Time: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 14:59:04 GMT.

This error suggests to me that mainresponder is looking in a gdb instead of the filesystem. Do I need to dork around with the siteTree to fix this? If so, shouldn't this be done when I create a site and enable gems from the control panel?

Dave