Re: Popularity

Author:Boaz

I think nothing Dave can do to make people like him more than Tim O'Reilly. And, I think he doesn't need to try. Dave Winer is Dave Winer, Tim O'Reilly is Tim O'Reilly. I have read Tim's articles that I don't like, but he has never written stuffs that I hate. On the other hand, while Dave has written articles that I loved so much, he has also written articles that I hated. Yes, I like Tim better, but Dave is more like a real human being. Dave is closer to me. Tim is like a movie star, you can like him, but he's not with you. Dave is like your boss. He may yell at you, but he may also say something to encourage you. You spend more times with your boss than your idol.