Re: Data Captivity in WebApps

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/8/2000; 10:03:01 AM
Topic:Data Captivity in WebApps

Walter, all the data is there.

And this is a perfect place for me to kick back, let's wait for some Frontier experts to try doing what you did.

I bet they'll come up with a few Radio UserLand scripts that help you mine all the data in there, perhaps even exporting it to XML.

Here's a chance for the Frontier development community to lead the entire Internet. We've got a web app that coughs up all its data. You've got a free tool with a scripting language and HTML rendering and lots of XML support that can process all that stuff.

Can Frontier people help Manila people use Radio UserLand?

There would be some incredible power. I'm thinking of the thread that was going on on the Iowa Homestead site the other day. UserLand would be very happy if the developers took the lead here.