Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
Another brain transplant
Author: Dave Winer Posted: 12/5/1998; 8:33:36 AM Topic: Another brain transplant Msg #: 820 Prev/Next: 819 / 821
We did another brain transplant on the discussion group software this morning.
Now the messages are stored in a new database, discuss.root in the ops folder, and the storage definition changed. This should be transparent to people who are using the Discussion Group interface, but it lays the foundation for including other object types in the discussion group database.
This time I'm sure I have it right. The discussion group forms the backbone for the collaboration aspects of our CMS. This is the boiler room, where development work is coordinated. When the webmaster is ready, assets that are stored in the discussion group database can be published.
This sets the stage for stories, howtos, docserver pages, sample code, change notes, etc to all live in the same database as the discussion group. That's how we're going to be able to annotate all the content we put on the new site.
There are responses to this message:
- Test response, Dave Winer, 12/5/1998; 8:35:31 AM
- Testing the XML pages, Dave Winer, 12/5/1998; 8:41:11 AM
- Re: Another brain transplant, James Spahr, 12/5/1998; 12:19:50 PM
- Re: Another brain transplant, Jack, 12/6/1998; 12:03:27 AM
- discuss.root spec, Dave Winer, 12/7/1998; 11:03:54 AM
- Next step in the brain transplant, Dave Winer, 12/8/1998; 7:53:28 AM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:46:16 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.