Re: XML-RPC vs. Corba

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:2/10/1999; 7:31:32 AM
Topic:XML-RPC Spec Update

So if you're doing something that initially seems to be Python-to-Python only, it's about as easy to use Corba instead. And my spontaneous reaction is that would be a bad thing

We're in agreement on that. CORBA, in my mind, is as much bound to Unix as COM is to Windows and Apple Events are to the Mac. The goal of XML-RPC, which has been achieved, is to bridge all those environments.

Not sure what to do here. Right now I'm trying to give Microsoft what they want and Allaire what they want, and have to understand and embrace at least some of their realities. But I say to them all that Fredrik is key to this. Let's continue to work together.