DG Cookie contains plaintext password

Author:Julian Melville
Posted:4/13/1999; 7:03:18 PM
Topic:DG Cookie contains plaintext password

As the subject says, I was looking at some cookies today and the Userland 'firstDiscussionGroup' cookie contains my email address and password in plaintext.

Is this a standard feature for all Frontier-hosted DG's? And is the same password used for publishing rights on a Frontier content server? It seems a little light on security to me!