Re: XML navbar test version--tags in titles?

Author:Ian Beatty
Posted:6/8/1999; 7:07:53 AM
Topic:The Need For Speed

Greetings. I've gotten the experimental navbar macro to work with an XML outline. Unfortunately, I usually put HTML tags into my titles (specifically category titles, to give them a different font and size), and I don't seem to be able to put the character ">" inside a string literal of an XML tag, so I can't get it into the title of a category. I don't want to use the ampersand-code for the character, because I want the browser to interpret it as a tag closing. My XML syntax is a bit rusty. Is there an XML trick to get around this, perhaps a way to escape the ">" that gets it by the XML parser but not the HTML rendering engine? If not, this difficulty would seem to be a limitation of using XML to specify a navbar outline.

Thanks...

Ian