XML markup of large text file

Author:Robert Brook
Posted:6/16/1999; 8:28:17 AM
Topic:XML markup of large text file

I have a large text file which contains library category listings, for example:
. . .
Europe: Government: Council of Ministers
Europe: UK: England
Europe: UK: Wales
Europe: UK: Scotland
Europe: UK: Northern Ireland
. . .
I'd really like to make this information available in a 'sensible' format. I'm thinking of either marking up the text as follows -

europe
uk
scotland

- or trying to (write a script to) import all the lines into the ODB as a table structure.

Which is the better method? My heart says XML! But how can I automate all that markup? Anyone got any ideas?

with thanks -