Re: Your favorite web-based DG interfaces?

Author:Greg The A110 Guy
Posted:1/5/2000; 4:31:03 PM
Topic:Your favorite web-based DG interfaces?

I think the key is user-choice here. Having a nifty, dynamic system like Manilla should allow the user to view the discussion group in a number of ways, according to their desires, and to easily switch among them on the fly. I might want to read just a single message, or an entire thread, or just part of a thread.

My favorite user-flexible interface is at lugnet.com, where I can read the results of the LEGO robotics mailing list and newsgroup easily via a web interface (sounding familiar? Imagine the integration of the various scripting.com mailing lists, and HTTP access to the messages, so there is a more permanent, searchable archive of the knowledge shared there... )

single message: http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/nqc/?n=119

entire thread on one page, nested: http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/nqc/?n=117&t=i&v=a

and the very handy for when the topic shifts, but the subject line doesn't -- this message and its replies on one page, nested: http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/nqc/?n=119&t=i&v=a

I have no idea how easy it would be to integrate this, since my skills =! scripting/programming chops, but I do know I find this interface useful and flexible for when my needs for the info there shift...

My US$0.02 here, ymmv