Re: Open/Closed Source Software

Author:DJ Adams
Posted:4/22/2000; 7:25:49 AM
Topic:Open/Closed Source Software

I'm not sure where the boundary lies between commodity and non-commodity software here - perhaps that's one of the problems of common-ground agreement in this debate.

Additionally, I think that there's a lot of (positive) passion that people attribute to their feelings about Open Source software which perhaps would be more accurately attributed to Open _Standards_ software (i.e. the antithesis of Extend, Embrace, Extinguish). I for one admit to getting my emotions on these two points mixed up sometimes.

DJ user of ESR's fetchmail on a daily basis