Re: Email to Brian Behlendorf

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:4/24/2000; 1:27:50 PM
Topic:Email to Brian Behlendorf

Well Tim sent me a private flame-o-gram. I didn't feel it was my place to share it. To say he was pissed was to put it mildly.

And Brian didn't respond the way I hoped he would, again putting it mildly. He and I exchanged some more email, and I have a reasonable expectation that at some point we will sit down and talk about this stuff with open minds.

I never said "you're either for us or against us" so I won't defend that statement, and I don't believe it.

Also, this is being written during a 2-plus-hour outage when I can see the DG and no one else in the world can. It's eerie. We really had something interesting and lively going here today. Too bad it got interrupted. I both love the Internet and hate it.