Re: Apple as cultural leader of the Internet

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/9/2000; 7:51:16 AM
Topic:Now it makes more sense

No, I mean, as I have said over and over, that the HTML renderer must be in the OS, where applications, such as those made by UserLand, can invoke it seamlessly.

Get up to speed on the web standards issues. The Mac people I hear from ignore these. I don't care a whit about a limited rendering capability provided by Apple. At this point, all that matters is having the MSIE renderer accessible in the OS as it is in Windows.

Mac users, your issue is with Apple, not UserLand. They make an OS that is not competitive with Windows in this very key area.

And Oliver and others, please listen very carefully. Manila is not going to be Windows-only. But there will be features that people will love that *will* be Windows-only, if and only if, Apple fails to act. There is still time. But we won't wait for Apple. I want that to be very very clear.