Re: Using members logon form for non-DG

Author:Mike Murry
Posted:4/8/1999; 12:37:44 PM
Topic:Using members logon form for non-DG

Erik,

I had the same problems you've had while working on a application I'm building. Through trail and error I got everything working. Here's my setup. It works for me, but I have no idea if it's the "right way" to do it.

1) Let's say you have a GDB named testpublish.root with a table named testpublish in it that contains your website.

2) With in your testpublish table put a new string type named #members and set it to the name of the table you have setup in members.root (I believe you said it was named employees).

3) Create a new table in testpublish named public and copy all the stuff that is in [htmlInterfaces.root].logon (except for the stuff that begins with a #) into this table. The logoff stuff should be moved somewhere else as well, it doesn't matter where.

4) setup the #urls table to point to all the right places.

This should work now. If any of this is confusing to you download mailtothefuture.root. This is what I used as a guide and it is setup exactly the way I've tried to explain it.

Let me know if you need any more help.