Re: Help! (Re: consoleSuite.getMsgTable)

Author:André Radke
Posted:4/23/1999; 11:06:58 AM
Topic:Nirvana is getting closer...

David, I think my previous suggestion of just creating a copy of consoleSite won't get you very far because both consoleSites will be sharing the consoleData.cache table.

Here's a different approach, one that I am actually exploring right now in a side project:

Move the consoleData table into the consoleSite table and rename it to #consoleData. Move the contents of the consoleSuite table into consoleSite.#tools.

Now you will have to fix a lot of addresses. Wherever you have been refering to consoleData, refer to pta^.consoleData^. Wherever you have been refering to consoleSuite, refer to pta^.tools^. You can leave off the "pta^." and "pta^.tools^." part from inside a macro since the page table and the #tools table are already in scope in that case.

You should end up with a self-contained website table that will then be easy to duplicate. (I think -- as I said, I am still exploring this approach myself...)