Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
Question about embedding HTML on Windows
Author: Brent Simmons Posted: 5/8/1999; 3:21:13 PM Topic: Question about embedding HTML on Windows Msg #: 5860 Prev/Next: 5857 / 5861
I have a question for Windows progammers about embedding the web browser control:
We're trying to use the CHtmlView class to display HTML in Frontier. Since Frontier is not an MFC app, it's necessary to use this class from within an external DLL.
Since Frontier can, and already does, load and call methods in external DLLs written with MFC, this should be possible.
Now, in a DLL I can get an hwnd to the Frontier window in which I want to display HTML, by using FindWindow.
So, in the DLL code I have on one hand the hwnd, and on the other hand the CHtmlView class. How can I get the two to meet? I want to tell Windows: create an instance of the web browser control in the window whose hwnd I have.
Or is there another approach that would make more sense?
There are responses to this message:
- Re: Question about embedding HTML on Windows, Ramesh Indhewat, 5/8/1999; 7:02:08 PM
- Re: Question about embedding HTML on Windows, Jeff Barr, 5/8/1999; 7:24:50 PM
- Re: Question about embedding HTML on Windows, Walter Smith, 5/8/1999; 9:03:37 PM
- We need help with COM, Dave Winer, 5/12/1999; 6:26:15 AM
- You must implement OLE in-place embedding somehow, Robert Krajewski, 5/12/1999; 8:14:12 AM
- Embedding MFC widgets inside HWND windows, Jacob Levy, 5/12/1999; 8:36:12 AM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:49:55 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.