Re: Installing RedHat 6.0 (Just Do It!)

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:5/10/1999; 10:56:08 AM
Topic:Installing RedHat 6.0

If you're wiping the drive anyway, the worst thing that can happen is that you'll have to do it again after reading the directions.

I've never had a problem installing RH 5.2, and that's on a motley collection of pieced together machines that had outlived their useful life. (Well, them and my honker.)

I'd just stick in the cd and reboot, follow the menus and do a relatively complete install. You probably don't need anything more than the root and swap partitions, and if you do, it's not impossible to fix it later.

eric