A new groupware feature

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/22/1999; 9:08:42 PM
Topic:A new groupware feature

I just put in a delicious little hack.

I added a callback that runs whenever you add a new message to this DG.

I check in the global glossary to see if there's an entry for your name. If not, I create one. So by posting a message on this DG, you automatically become part of the global glossary!

Cheap Internet real estate. A gift from UserLand to you! "qbullet.sidesmiley"

"Dave Winer"

PS: The "glossary" is becoming more interesting, so I added it to the navigation links on the DG.

PPS: For Frontier users, the global glossary is just user.html.glossary. It automatically percolates across our servers every hour. All our servers share a user.html.glossary. That's all that's going on here. "qbullet.sidesmiley"

PPPS: I attached the callback script to this message.

PPPPS: "Eric Soroos" was the first to bite!

PPPPPS: Please don't ask what happens if you change your name!