Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
A new groupware feature
Author: Dave Winer Posted: 9/22/1999; 9:08:42 PM Topic: A new groupware feature Msg #: 11367 Prev/Next: 11366 / 11368
I just put in a delicious little hack.
I added a callback that runs whenever you add a new message to this DG.
I check in the global glossary to see if there's an entry for your name. If not, I create one. So by posting a message on this DG, you automatically become part of the global glossary!
Cheap Internet real estate. A gift from UserLand to you! "qbullet.sidesmiley"
PS: The "glossary" is becoming more interesting, so I added it to the navigation links on the DG.
PPS: For Frontier users, the global glossary is just user.html.glossary. It automatically percolates across our servers every hour. All our servers share a user.html.glossary. That's all that's going on here. "qbullet.sidesmiley"
PPPS: I attached the callback script to this message.
PPPPS: "Eric Soroos" was the first to bite!
PPPPPS: Please don't ask what happens if you change your name!
There are responses to this message:
- Re: A new groupware feature, Eric Soroos, 9/22/1999; 9:37:16 PM
- Re: A new groupware feature, Paul Mather, 9/22/1999; 11:18:28 PM
- Re: A new groupware feature, Clark Venable, 9/23/1999; 5:35:06 AM
- Re: A new groupware feature, Carmen, 9/23/1999; 5:36:54 AM
- Re: A new groupware feature, David Theige, 9/23/1999; 6:26:43 AM
- Re: A new groupware feature, Sidney Markowitz, 9/23/1999; 8:59:01 AM
- Re: A new groupware feature, Donald W. Larson, 9/23/1999; 11:26:38 AM
- Re: A new groupware feature, Dino Morelli, 9/23/1999; 2:05:24 PM
- Re: A new groupware feature, Will Fitzgerald, 9/23/1999; 2:52:50 PM
- Re: A new groupware feature, Jacob Reider, 9/24/1999; 7:17:43 PM
- Icon mania!, Ned T. Baugh, 9/24/1999; 8:37:54 PM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:52:46 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.